03 June 2014

Limitations of scripts in Aion

 Firstly this article for advanced users or for programmers and I don't sure what I can explain all details on english correctly. (if some native english will edit it, I'll be glad)
 Part for beginners or who just using my scripts in the end of article.


 1. You can't use more than 8 sound channels in one script at the same time. You can use channels from 0 to 7 only. I'm talking about H.PlaySound(channel, message) function, where channel is integer and message is string. Also this function working asynchronously, it's mean if you call H.PlaySound(0,long_long_string) you code after this continue working immediately while long_long_string working too.

 2. I'm found it today. You can't use more than 16 sound channels in ALL your scripts at the same time. For example if you have 3 scripts:
script #01:
function OnInit()
  n = 0
  while(n<8)

  do
    H.PlaySound(n, "r1r1a1")
  end
end
script #02:
function OnInit()
  n = 0
  while(n<8)

  do
    H.PlaySound(n, "r1r1r1b1")
  end
end
script #03:
function OnInit()
  n = 0
  while(n<8)

  do
    H.PlaySound(n, "r1r1r1r1c1")
  end
end

in this case only script #01 and script #02 will work, but script #03 don't.

 3. Scripts don't working parallel, all scripts working coherently, in other words if you have script A which calculating something hard and it's taken time, another scripts will waiting while script A complete his work.

 Recommendations for people who use my scripts:
 1. Put scripts in the first slots.
 2. Don't use another scripts between my composite scripts. (I didn't published composite scripts before, but it's will happen soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment